Twelve people participated in our (first?) vegan cooking zoom call.
There seems to be enthusiasm so we may pursue this further, possibly with a monthly “ethical eating” zoom call, sharing our questions, answers, recipes. If you’d be interested, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- vegan desserts
- environmental effects of the animal industry
- nutrition issues
Denise has sent me a lot of information that I’ve pasted below.
If you’re on Facebook, do join us at the Unitarian Ethical Eating Group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/unitarianethicaleating/
Goals of the Ethical Eating Group:
- build education and awareness around the importance of food choices
- respect individual choices and diversity – provide support and information for people wanting to shift their eating choices
- encourage congregational engagement on ethical eating and action.
- provide information on Unitarian and Unitarian Universalist initiatives related to ethical eating and encourage people to engage as individuals or as congregations
Approved by the Environment Committee of the Unitarian Church of Vancouver on October 13, 2013.