We advocate for refugees and provide information on refugee issues. Our goals are to help refugees abroad to come to Canada and to assist those already here.
This year’s annual women’s gathering is a fundraiser for our refugee work.
Donate to help settle refugees in Vancouver. Here are several ways:
- Place a cheque or cash in the donation envelope on a Sunday and mark “Refugee” on cheque and envelope — or leave in the UCV office.
- Mail cheque to UCV 949 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver BC V5Z 2T1
- Text $25 refugee to 778-771-1707
- E-transfer.Through your online banking, email donations to email@example.com with “refugee” in the message box . No security questions or answers required.
- Credit card. Phone 604-261-7204 or online through the event registration form.
Our Vancouver Unitarian work with refugees
This can involve, for example, apartment hunting, teaching English, giving financial aid, visiting the doctor, gathering household items and clothing, or just lending an ear.
We fundraise by serving lunch, having a weekly Thrift Sale Table and occasionally sponsoring cultural events.
Refugees are brave: their strengths and their cultures enrich us; they contribute much to Canada.
Over the years this congregation has sponsored, or helped locally, refugees from Viet Nam, Central America, Burma, Afghanistan, Mexico, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Serbia, and Palestine.
Monthly Meeting: Committee meets on 4th Sunday of each month 12:30 in Biddle
In December – meeting on 3rd Sunday
Every Sunday, Julia and the Refugee Support team have a thrift sale table in Hewett Hall. Donations of goods and funds are welcome any time.
Items needed by our sponsored refugees are given to them and other items are sold and the cash put into the Refugee Fund. Contact Julia Myers to get involved.