“Spiritual teachings of Earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.”
Click here for: Upcoming Earth Spirituality Events
Small Group Gatherings
We sometimes offer an open circle using earth-based ritual from 7 – 8:30 pm.
We’ll be outdoors if possible, and otherwise we’ll be in the Main Hall or Hitschmanova, the room in the basement with a direct outdoor access down the slope from the parking lot. We announce the theme for each month so you can attend as you please, no pressure to attend every session. When we are celebrating a sabbat, we usually convene in the main hall.
If you’re new, we’d appreciate an RSVP so as to plan for an appropriate sized space. However, if you feel like being spontaneous, just show up and we’ll welcome you! Questions or suggestions, please send an email to the organizing group.
Turning the Wheel of the Year – Special Events
We plan to offer public rituals for the eight sabbats. The 3rd Tuesday group will coordinate Solstices and Equinoxes and the last Thursday group the Cross-quarter days. Here are some of the ways we celebrate…
Our events also usually involve creating a sacred space to honour the four elements/directions – Earth/North, Air/East, Fire/South and Water/West as well as the God and Goddess (masculine and feminine) and our spiritual centre.
We also offer:
- A ten-session experiential program, Paganism 101 explores paganism in depth in a group setting. You can contact us to be added to the waitlist for the next opening, or order a copy of the curriculum. Suggested donation to the Unitarian church is $50.00. Learn more and sign up for the 2020-2021 wait list here.
- Regular circle dance gatherings often with a theme related to the turn of the seasons
- Opportunities to walk our two labyrinths and participate in events including World Labyrinth Day. This year we hope to form a “Labyrinth team” who will plan events and tend the labyrinths. Contact email@example.com if interested.
Monthly Earth Spirit Newsletters
- April 4, 2020 Connect and Engage April 4, 2020
- March 28, 2020 Connect and Engage with Vancouver Unitarians
- February 26, 2020 Earth Spirituality and Environment Gatherings
- February 7, 2020 February - Environment and Earth Spirituality News from UCV
- December 30, 2019 The Light Returns
- December 16, 2019 Reminder: Yule Celebration this Thursday
- November 29, 2019 Hello December--Welcome Solstice!
- November 1, 2019 The veil is thin--our ancestors are visiting this Sunday
- October 11, 2019 Autumnal Unitarian Earth Spirit Gatherings
- August 23, 2019 Unitarian Earth Spirit Gatherings
- July 9, 2019 Our Labyrinths - Past, Present and Future
- June 19, 2019 Midsummer Earth Spirit Gatherings
- May 7, 2019 Celebrate Beltane Tonight with Flower Crowns and Maypole Dancing
- April 23, 2019 World Labyrinth Day is May 4 - Join us!
- April 10, 2019 Earth Spirit Events from Vancouver Unitarians
- February 24, 2019 Happy Ostara from Vancouver Unitarians
- February 2, 2019 Happy Imbolc from Vancouver Unitarians
- January 10, 2019 Jan-Feb Earth Spirit Events at Unitarian Centre
- December 12, 2018 Earth Spirit Events at Unitarian Centre
- October 31, 2018 November Earth Spirit Events at Unitarian Centre
- October 15, 2018 OCTOBER Labyrinth News from 49th & Oak
- August 21, 2018 September Earth Spirit Events at Unitarian Centre
- July 30, 2018 August Earth Spirit Events at Unitarian Centre
- June 12, 2018 Upcoming Earth Spirit Events at Unitarian Centre
Unitarian Earth Spirit Council
The council that organizes Earth Spirit events includes:
Circle Dance Women’s Group Mary Bennett and Mairy Beam; Evening circle dances: Leslie Kemp
Sign up to get our monthly e-news with all upcoming events and news:
Our buildings and grounds offer many opportunities to experience the awe and wonder of nature. From the sanctuary, you can see outside to the natural world. The garden path labyrinth and courtyard paved labyrinth offer a unique meditation experience. Community vegetable gardens sometimes offer free pickings.You are invited to snip flowers and herbs as you walk the labyrinth.
Join our email group After you attend one of our rituals, you’ll be invited to join our email group for those interested in or already practising pagan, wicca, or other earth-centred rituals and traditions.
Some interesting organizations and links
Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans offer many resources.
Are You a Unitarian-Universalist (and/or a Pagan?)
Question #20 reads: “Revering (and/or worshipping) nature should be fundamental to my belief group.”
If you answer “agree” to this question, you might want to join us!