Do you need more poetry in your life? UCV women in collaboration with the Canadian U*U Women’s Association started to offer a women’s meditative poetry gathering three times per week on zoom.
- Mondays at 4 pm Pacific/ 7 pm Eastern
- Saturdays and Sundays at 9 am Pacific/12 noon Eastern
- Light a chalice and welcome people. Ask everyone to mute themselves.
- Read a poem written by a Canadian (usually) woman (almost always) 3 times with a pause between.
- Participants will listen during the first reading for words or phrases that strike them.
- Second reading, listen for feelings or memories that are stirred.
- Third reading, listen for a message or personal meaning.
- We usually have about a minute’s of silence after each reading and then, as we’re usually a small group of 3 or 4, everyone shares briefly. We’re always finished within half an hour.
We have an email group. If you want to e-meet the other group members and receive occasional reminders or links to poetry, please join by sending an email to email@example.com
We also have a slack workspace where those choosing poetry often add poems and links.