UCV Job Opportunity
SpiritJam Lead Teacher
Part-time Teacher (4 hours per week); $17.00/hr. plus 20 additional paid flex hours; 10 mos./year; Reports to the Director of Religious Exploration; Start date:September 1, 2017 or as soon after as possible.
Two Religious Exploration Lead Teachers work 4 hrs/wk on an innovative model for religious education in our new multi-age Unitarian Universalist program. We are seeking creative, flexible individuals interested in creating fun and unique “jams” offered on Sunday mornings.
Lead Teachers Essential Functions
- Plans and offers “Jams” for Religious Exploration Sunday mornings:
- Create creative exploration, “Jams,” for mind/body/spirit.
- Implement 2-3 focus centres on Sunday morning during the 11 am service. The first Sunday of each month, beginning in December 2017, will hold RE Jams from 9:30 am—10:30 am, before the all-ages service.
- Jams are multi-age (grade 1-6 primarily, but inclusive of all ages from infancy on.)
- Jams will be based on themes of learning found in the Unitarian Universalist Association Tapestry of Faith curricula: www.uua.org/re/tapestry/children
- “Jam” topics can be, but are not limited to: “NatureJam,” “BodyJam,” StoryJam,” “MusicJam” “TinkerJam.” Additional ideas could be “PhotoJam,” “PaintingJam,” “JusticeJam,” “WritingJam,” and “PoetryJam.” We are not looking for experts as much as creative, flexible experimenters.
- Attend a weekly planning meeting at which Lead Teachers, Director, and member volunteers develop “Jams” and core lessons.
- Attend Orientation and Evaluation meetings at the beginning and end of the school year.
- Occasional shared leading of the program when the Director is away.
- Fall 2017 programming for Truth, Healing, and Reconciliation work is already lined up—the Lead Teachers will provide consistent presence, support, and organization for these workshops.
Submit a letter of interest to the Director of Religious Exploration, firstname.lastname@example.org.