Coming up for all members of the Membership Development team at UCV
Saturday, March 28 – open to active membership committee teams including:
- New to Vancouver Unitarians workshop coordinators
- Greeters and Welcome Table volunteers
- Connect and Engage team including Sermon Discussion table facilitators
- Membership records, retention, renewal and recruitment team members
- Membership committee chair and board liaison
- Communications team liaison
- Sunday Coffee servers
1:30 – 2 pm
- -set up – coffee/tea and snacks available
2 – 5 pm workshop:
- Was there a “turning point” when you decided to join UCV? How long was that from when you first started attending?
How do the teams all work together
- What are your challenges and pleasures?
- What staff/caretaker roles are helpful for your team?
- Suggestions for making things easier for members and volunteers – what would you ask of others? what do you see that could be smoothed out?
Volunteer recruitment and support
- How do you typically recruit more volunteers? Does your team need additional volunteers?
- Some brainstorming around how to recruit
- What works? what doesn’t?
There are approximately 20 on each of these three teams: New to VU/welcome table; greeters; coffee servers. There are about 6 on the relatively newer Connect & Engage team (who set up the sermon discussion table and support neighbourhood groups etc.) Some people do double duty. The “member retention” team has never been fully staffed nor the “member records” team. To some degree the role of “member recruitment” is handled by our communications systems.
The member experience
Mapping the visitor to member and beyond journey
– what was your journey from discovery to involvement?
What do you see with first timers?
- What do they already know? What do they need? Do you notice clues that they might stick around?
- Given how busy Sunday morning is, how can we best help people get connected?
5:30 – 6:30 pm – potluck dinner
- kitchen and fireside room – You’re encouraged to sit with folks from a different team
7 – 8:30 pm
- considering UUA/CUC ideas for membership growth.
Ministerial (and other) Transitions
Information about ministerial transition – what’s in our future for next 2 to 3 years?
- what questions are you getting? on ministerial transition, possible redevelopment and name change?
- What questions/concerns do you expect?
- brainstorm responses
Resources you may find of interest