Vancouver Unitarians are now active on instagram. Tanya approached our minister about getting instagram going and within a week we had an “Instagram” meeting. Tanya has offered to be the lead person/coordinator for up to six months during which time she’d mentor our youth to take it over
💠 Diverse Beliefs, Shared Values, Spiritual Growth & Social Justice 🌿
☀️ Sunday Service 11am
If you’re on Instagram, follow us by searching for “vancouverunitarian”. Hope to see you online. When you post something of interest to Unitarians, add the hashtag #vancouverunitarian and #ucv
What is Instagram?
Instagram is a free, online photo-sharing application and social network platform that was acquired by Facebook in 2012. Instagram allows users to edit and upload photos and short videos through a mobile app.
Suggestions in graphic above and in text below.
Instagram is Centred on Storytelling
- Everyone loves stories.
- Instagram gives us a platform to tell our story.
- It’s personal, easily accessible and visual format makes UVC’s stories more accessible.
Tip: In addition to posting photos of what’s going on, use “real time Insta-stories” to share UCV’s personality and wide range of happenings!
The Reach of Instagram is Large
- Instagram offers a huge potential audience to UCV.
- Vancouver is home to approx 630, 000 residents.
- The Greater Vancouver Population is approx 2,400,000.
- Instagram engages with 700 million monthly users!
Tip: Use #hashtags to increase engagement, attract other like minded individuals to our congregation and to let the world know what we’re up to!
Visual Content is Super Engaging
- Photos are one of the most-engaging content on the Web.
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual.
- Our brain processes visuals 60,000X faster than text.
- What is posted on Instagram keeps people coming back to see what we’re up to!
Tip: Keep the photos bright, consistent and clear.
The follower should be able to devise their own story just from the photo!
It’s a Goldmine of Insights, Ideas, Opportunity and Feedback
- Instagram allows UCV to reach out to other congregations, organizations, businesses, charities, influential people, groups, philanthropic agencies, activists and curious youth!
- The more engagement we receive – the more ideas we’ll gather to create an accessible offerings to all UCV guests and existing members.
Tip: Follow other UU congregations, Inspiring members of our community and Organizations that you believe would take an intents in what we do. When you share the @vancouverunitarian posts – they’ll notice!
It’s Fun & Vibrant (Like Us!)
- Help us build our community by following @vancouverunitarian
- There’s a lot going on around here – let’s share it!
- Tag @vancouverunitarian in your posts, Insta-stories for us to create more easily accessible content.
- Include #vancouverunitarians #ucv in your posts about the church and happenings when you post to Instagram.
Tip: Have fun! Post often! Comment and like @vancouverunitarian posts and share our content!