Sun, Dec 20, 2020 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Join us in our Ritual to Celebrate the Winter Solstice on December 20th
More details will be posted as they become available.
Right now Mary Bennett and Patrick Dubois are looking for people to join a team to plan a fabulous, mainly-outdoors event. Mary has way too many ideas as usual–but some of them plus your own ideas could happen.
Here’s a draft from last year’s description
In a circle we will honour the changing of the season through pagan ritual (casting a circle, calling directions), meditation, circle dance, lantern making, labyrinth walking and reflection–and feasting.
This gathering is Family-friendly
RSVP appreciated if you’d like to participate.
The event will include opportunities for
- solstice meditation
- circle dancing for solstice
- create a solstice lantern – tissue paper and mason jars
- walk the labyrinth with lanterns – what will you find in the centre?
- writing to the Oak King and the Holly King
- visiting the altars set up in the 4 directions! Each of the four altars will include a question for you to reflect on
- east – yellow – air
- south – red/orange – fire
- west – blue – water
- north – green and brown – earth
Our 6th source recognizes earth-centred spiritual traditions. These celebrations borrow from both neo-pagan and Unitarian traditions.