Thu, Dec 19, 2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Join us in our Ritual to Celebrate the Winter Solstice on December 19th
In a circle we will honour the changing of the season through pagan ritual (casting a circle, calling directions), meditation, circle dance, lantern making, labyrinth walking and reflection–and feasting.
This gathering is Family-friendly
Kids welcome to join in. Also the play room will be open (but unsupervised). Parents responsible for own kids.
RSVP appreciated if you’d like to participate.
The evening will include opportunities for
- solstice meditation
- circle dancing for solstice with Catherine drumming
- create a solstice lantern – tissue paper and mason jars (in a side room)
- walk the labyrinth with lanterns – what will you find in the centre? (Mary and Kinga)
- writing to the Oak King and the Holly King – response will come back at Imbolc
- visiting the altars set up in the 4 directions! Each of the four altars will include a taste as a feast for the eyes with some questions for you to reflect on
- east – yellow – air (Fay)
- south – red/orange – fire (Catherine)
- west – blue – water (Mairy)
- north – green and brown – earth (Laurie)
Dressing up in pagan, solstice, colourful, fun outfits is encouraged.
Please bring finger food and beverages to share after the ritual.
Doors open 6:30; the gathering will start promptly at 7:00 pm.with a welcome from coordinators: Mary Bennett and Marie Samson.
Our 6th source recognizes earth-centred spiritual traditions. These celebrations borrow from both neo-pagan and Unitarian traditions.