Thu, Dec 19, 2019 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Join us in our Ritual to Celebrate the Winter Solstice on December 19th – Family Friendly – RSVP appreciated
In a circle we will honour the changing of the season through pagan ritual (casting a circle, calling directions), meditation, circle dance, lantern making and reflection–and feasting.
This gathering is Family-friendly
Kids welcome to join in. Also the play room will be open (but unsupervised). Parents responsible for own kids.
RSVP appreciated if you’d like to participate.
The evening will include opportunities for
- solstice meditation
- circle dancing for solstice with Catherine drumming
- create a solstice lantern – tissue paper and mason jars (in a side room)
- walk the labyrinth with lanterns – what will you find in the centre? (Mary and Kinga)
- feasting in all 4 directions! Each of the four altars will include foods to taste as well as a feast for the eyes (and possibly other senses.)
- east – yellow – air (Fay)
- south – red/orange – fire (Catherine)
- west – blue – water (Mairy)
- north – green and brown – earth (Laurie)
Dressing up in pagan, solstice, colourful, fun outfits is encouraged.
Bring some “cakes and ale” to share
Please bring finger food and beverages to share after the ritual.
This celebration is being coordinated by Marie Samson and Mary Bennett.
Come early and help set-up if you can. The ritual will start promptly at 7:00 pm.
Our 6th source recognizes earth-centred spiritual traditions. These celebrations borrow from both neo-pagan and Unitarian traditions.
Coordinators: Mary Bennett and Marie Samson