Sat, Jul 25, 2020 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Connect and Engage team is sponsoring another tech workshop with Luke Zukowski. Contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Preregister for this and other tech workshops here:
Sign into zoom at: ucv.im/tech-workshop We will have waiting room enabled and only registered participants will be admitted.
Mary will moderate questions.
If you did not attend “Slack 1” please view the video in advance and make a list of your questions.
Past participants commend Luke on his technical knowledge, teaching ability and problem-solving ability. We’ll record the session so UCV members not able to attend can watch afterwards.
- July 25 ( Slack 3) will include:
- How to make channels private.
- Best practices for when to post an emoticon or a reply or start a thread.
- How to search for something…tips.
- Session 1 (available by video recording) covered these topics
- Why slack? How does it compare to google groups or other methods of collaborating?
- Tips for beginners:
- Notifications: It can be frustrating to sign up for a new platform and find it interrupting you. Luke will give tips on managing your notifications and availability
- Integrating with other apps: You can zoom or use google drive (etc) through your slack workspace
- Language: workspace, channel, thread – what does it all mean?
Session 2 available on video recording after the session covered:
- This session will cover:
- Integrating with Google documents so anyone either in slack or a Google group can get updates on revisions and new documents
- and your questions!
Luke and Mary will demonstrate using the UCV RE Connect slack workspace so you can see how it works.
It will enhance your learning but is not essential for you to have signed up on that workspace in advance.