Sun, Mar 7, 2021 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
A video recording of this forum can be viewed here
Dear Unitarian Friends,
Please join The UCV Board of Trustees at a Forum on Next Steps Sunday, March 7, at 12:30 pm on Zoom to hear from the Ministerial Transition Team about where we are in our interim process, and to hear from a Board Trustee on our options and what they entail. Then we invite you to participate in a discussion with The Board on whether or not we should take another year in transition before starting the process of searching and selecting a settled Minister. We would like your input so that our decisions will be informed by them.
FYI, your Ministerial Transition Team has this outline to inform their work, the five developmental tasks that a congregation in the interim must accomplish if its successor ministry is to be effective.
- Claiming and honoring its past and healing its griefs and conflicts.
- Illuminating the congregation’s unique identity, its strengths, its needs, and its challenges.
- Clarifying the multiple dimensions of leadership, both ordained and lay, and navigating the shifts in leadership that accompany times of transition.
- Renewing connections with available resources within and beyond the CUC and the UUA.
- Enabling the congregation to renew its vision, strengthen its stewardship, prepare for new professional leadership, and engage its future with anticipation and zest.
Hope to see you at the Forum Sunday March 7, 12:30. Please go to ucv.im/forums at the appointed time to take part!
This forum will be recorded, so if you cannot attend, please request the audio from the office and email your thoughts to email@example.com