Thu, Jan 30, 2020 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We will celebrate Imbolc/Candlemas and perhaps even Groundhog Day! We’ll welcome the Celtic goddess Brigid into our space and our lives. Mary Bennett and Mairy Beam are coordinating this ritual, so there will likely be a circle dance or two or three.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled.
There is a void in your Soul, ready to be filled” —Rumi
RSVP appreciated as it helps us plan the space. https://vancouver.breezechms.com/form/imbolc
We will make and light some candles.
We meet on the last Thursday of the month 7 – 8:30 pm. All welcome–whether Unitarian, pagan, or pagan-curious!
Sabbat celebration rituals end at 8:30 pm and conversation and “cakes and ale” available till 9 pm.
We plan the sabbats to be family friendly – please let us know if you are bringing kids and their ages.
Leadership and other roles rotate. If you become a regular, you will be part of the team who organize, set up, cleanup etc.
When possible we conduct rituals outdoors and will have a place to meet if the weather doesn’t permit this. Check for updates online or just check the event list outside Hewett Hall when you arrive.
Each session includes
- an opening; casting a circle, calling directions and invoking inner feminine and masculine energies
- a ritual or activity: which might be anything from song and/or dance or an earth-based activity (planting, harvesting) or an arts-based activity such as making a magical tool (such as a wand).
- a short time for announcements and planning
- a closing: releasing directions and masculine/feminine energies and opening the circle.
- There will usually (not not necessarily) be one or more sacred circle dances as part of the ritual. It will be the leaders’ choice of what to include
Questions? contact the organizers at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Sabbats we usually meet in the main Hall in Hewett Hall. For in between sessions, we often meet in a cozier room– Hitschmanova.
Hitschmanova Room is downstairs and the best way to access it is through the door on the north side of Hewett Centre (the western most building) from south of the parking lot and vegetable gardens. You can also reach it from the main floor of Hewett Centre, going down the stairs at the west side inside. If you haven’t been in that way before you may find it challenging–a bit of a maze.
We’re on facebook. Search for UnitarianEarthSpirit
For regular participants, we have a googlegroup we use for planning and collaboration. After you attend, you are invited to join if you wish.