Sat, May 23, 2020 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Our Connect & Engage team is part of the overall Membership Committee. Our focus is on welcoming new members who have joined within the past 5 years. Eva and Mary invite you to join us to discuss how to support newish members during the pandemic. I, Mary, feel our newish members are underrepresented at the zoom gatherings supported by the Connect and Engage team.
This meeting will be an update of how we’re doing zoom gatherings to connect and engage and brainstorm of other ways we can help “newish” members meet people and get involved during this time.
If you are on the team or want to contribute, please contact Mary Bennett at email@example.com in advance of the meeting.
Sign-in information will be sent out prior to the meeting.
You can also add to this list of possible actions by sending a note to Mary.
- support people who prefer to phone into zoom rather than using the zoom app
- contact all newish members and ask them how they’re doing and what they would like
- consider small, outdoor, social distanced events at UCV or elsewhere especially for newish members
- match up a newish member and experienced member for phone chat or virtual walk
- increase zoom offerings – ideas?
- have an extended zoom space for drop -in e.g. 2 or 3 hours open space
- send separate email to each “cohort” of New U workshop attendees inviting them to a zoom chat – especially if someone from that cohort would facilitate
- add a special breakout room on Sundays for Q & A of newish members
- other thoughts?