Fri, Nov 26, 2021 1:00 pm - 8:30 pm
UCV members are invited to attend a special Elder’s Circle and a regional gathering of Unitarian Universalists from across B.C. this Friday, kicking off a weekend of activities marking the 60th anniversary of the Canadian Unitarian Council.
More information about the CUC’s 60th Anniversary Weekend Events
A Warm Welcome to all B.C. UUs!
Nov. 26- 28, the CUC will be hosting a series of special events to which you are all welcome. Details here: https://cuc.ca/events/cucs-60th-anniversary/1637953200/1638111600/
Friday, Nov. 26,
- Elder’s Circle with Stephen Paquette:– 1:00pm PT | 2:00pm MT | 3:00pm CT | 4:00pm ET | 5:00 pm AT (1.5 hours)
CUC Elder-in Residence Stephen Paquette holds a webinar on decolonization and we invite you to join him in this conversation. Zoom link
- BC Region Gathering (all BC UUs & congregations) – 7:00 – 8:30 pm PT. Hosted by Joan Carolyn. BC Zoom link
Two special notes regarding the BC Region Gathering! Join us for a time to share some music and connections with fellow UUs across the province. Our special musician guest will be Nancy Dobbs. We will be honoring the theme of: Change is Nature and have a unique reflection video prepared especially for us by ilara Stefaniuk-Gaudet.
ilara Stefaniuk-Gaudet has been a UU since before they knew what UU was! They have served Westwood Unitarian as Director of Religious Education since 2013, and shifted to adding Technical Support into their role when the pandemic began. ilara has loved how accessible our communities have become in response to Covid-19, and has greatly enjoyed connecting more deeply with UUs across the country as a result. They are very excited to introduce a couple of Westwood’s puppet friends to everyone across our National UU Community!
Saturday, November 27:CUC Special Meeting – 12:00 – 2:30 pm ET.
- This meeting takes place to discuss and vote on the proposed 8th Principle for “Individual and communal action that accountably dismantles racism and systemic barriers to full inclusion in ourselves and our institutions.” Information for the Special Meeting is found in this Google folder
CUC 60th Anniversary Recognition – 4:00 – 6:00 pm ET.
- Join us for a retrospective on the past 60 years, captured on video with first-hand and personal accounts by UUs who were significant contributors to the CUC’s journey, followed by a conversation with the lUUminaries who were part of the video
Sunday, November 28: National Sunday Service – 10 am PT / 11 am MT / 12 pm CT / 1 pm ET / 2 pm AT.
- Led by youth and young adults, this service’s theme is “Change is Nature.” Come for a delightful and spiritual experience!
Categories No Categories