Our first Death Café in June was a well-attended success that left people primed for more conversation and deeper engagement. Our next offering is Friday, August 26th, 7-9pm. We will have tables and conversation groups set up in Fireside and the Hall for groups of 4 to 6 folks of differing beliefs, theologies, backgrounds and ages to come talk about one thing we all have in common–mortality!
Death Café was founded by Jon Underwood based on the work of Bernard Crettaz. It is a group directed discussion of death with no agenda, objectives or themes. It is a discussion group rather than a grief support or counselling session promoting straightforward and open dialogue about death. The objective is to ‘increase awareness of death with a view to helping people make the most of their (finite) lives.’
Cake and light refreshments will be served.
RSVP at ucv.im/deathcafe if you:
- Are not freshly grieving a current or recent loss
- Want to talk about death with various generations of adults
- Are curious and open about talking with people who may have different views or beliefs than you do
- Are not looking for counseling, pastoral care, or emotional support from this conversation
- Consider yourself an adult (or are usually perceived as one!)
See deathcafe.com/what for background and information about what to expect.