Call for CUC Delegates
The Canadian Unitarian Council Annual General Meeting will be held in person (in Ottawa) and electronically Friday, May 19 from 10:00 – 1:30 pm Pacific. UCV board will submit names of our 6 delegates by May 1, 2023.
In 2022, the UCV board adopted the CUC-recommended process of appointing delegates to serve a two-year term, during which they would represent us at two consecutive AGMs and between meetings will keep informed about CUC matters and communicate with the congregation by written posts and discussion forums.
The board hosted a Board Forum on Sunday, February 27, 2022 to share the background on this decision and respond to questions. Several members who have served as delegates at CUC AGMs in the past shared their experience. You can watch the forum here.
Orientation and support for CUC Delegates
The Denominational Affairs committee is planning orientation and support for delegates.
If you have been a delegate in the past, it would be appreciated if you would complete this form, to help us plan appropriate support.
Criteria for Individual Delegates
- Member for a minimum of six months (same as serving on board from bylaws)
- Recent active involvement in at least one team, committee or task force, preferably in a leadership role
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of CUC through attending gatherings, workshops or roundtables/webinars
- Good written and verbal communication skills, preferably comfort with public speaking/facilitation
- Comfort and access to computer, webcam, online communication programs (zoom, email, etc.)
Criteria for the team of delegates
- A range of newer members with more experienced members
- Provide opportunities for first-time delegates with support from each other and previous delegates
- Diversity of age, gender, heritage, length of time as UCV member and areas of involvement at UCV
- At least two who are experienced at setting up online or in-person forums to discuss issues with the congregation
- At least two who are willing to write web and e-news articles about CUC issues at least three times per year.
Note: depending on the issues coming to a particular AGM, the board may adjust this in any one year
Please submit your expression of interest by Wednesday, March 15, 2023 so selection can be made at the April board meeting.
Interested? Here is a link to a form to express interest in representing UCV at the upcoming May meeting. You can choose a one or two-year term or offer to be a back-up in case needed. https://forms.gle/Gh5PsKzNFjtLfDCC9
Selected delegates will be asked to submit a short bio (200-250 words) and a photo to share with the congregation.
Here is a link to the CUC recommendations which UCV board endorsed at our January, 2022, meeting: https://cuc.ca/about-cuc/annual-general-meeting/delegate-information/
If you have further questions, please contact
- Keith Wilkinson email@example.com
- Lynn Armstrong firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leslie Kemp email@example.com
- Ingrid Luters firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the Denominational Affairs Committee