COVID-19 Update on Reopening for Sunday Services – Dec. 2, 2021
- Sunday service attendance is capped at 125 and pre-registration remains required: ucv.im/register
- Choir and congregants can now sing fully masked and vaccinated. Triple layer masks or N95 masks are recommended.
- Eating and drinking in Hewett Hall is permitted while seated. Groups using the facility must check vaccination passports and use air purifiers; people must be masked while moving around.
- In-person Sunday Coffee Hour in Hewett Hall is tentatively scheduled to resume Jan. 9, 2022 (more details to come.)
COVID-19 Update on Reopening for Sunday Services – Oct. 7, 2021
- Sunday services will reopen Oct. 24 with attendance capped at 100 and pre-registration required.
- Register here for Sunday services: ucv.im/register
- Members will be required to wear masks inside the Sanctuary.
- Those attending indoor services will need to be fully vaccinated and provide one-time proof of vaccination.
- Check-in procedures with follow COVID screening best practices, and volunteers, greeters and ushers will be trained accordingly.
- There will be no food and coffee served after Sunday services, and Coffee Hour (aka Social Hour) will take place online only. Hewitt Hall will be open as a space for children and their guardians, as well as for general washroom use.
- Online services will continue to be provided as usual.
COVID-19 Update – Sept. 1, 2021
- Based on the recommendations of our COVID safety team and the concerns of the currently rising Covid-19 case numbers, the UCV Board has decided not to reopen our sanctuary for Sunday morning worship services yet. We will revisit this decision in a month, and hope to be able to meet again in person for worship in October. There were many factors influencing this difficult decision, and we know many people will feel both disappointed and also relieved. The Board is motivated by our commitment to equity and to the safety of the most vulnerable members of our congregation and communities.
- Given the many factors, complexities and evolving scenarios over the past weeks, we want to be sure we are fully prepared to reopen our in-person worship services in a safe and inclusive manner with staff and volunteers trained on the many new safety procedures including checking vaccine passports that will need to be implemented,
- With our Sanctuary renovations nearing completion, we look forward to being able to meet in-person in the near future with safety precautions in place. In the meantime, we will continue to engage with online services and with as many safe, outdoor gatherings and meetings as possible on our UCV campus.
- In line with B.C. public health guidelines and the recommendations of our COVID safety team, the Board has affirmed that all small groups, action teams, and outside rental groups wishing to use UCV indoor spaces will need to ensure that attendees are vaccinated and wearing masks.
- For more information, on the B.C. proof of vaccination requirement, you can visit the government website: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/proof#required
COVID-19 Update – July 1, 2021
As of July 1, our space rental/usage policies have been updated as follows:
- Masks are respectfully requested while using any indoor space.
- The Sanctuary will remain closed to the public for renovations taking place over the Summer months.
- Committees and groups of up to 50 people will be permitted to hold meetings outside while on campus. Groups of up to 10 people will be permitted to hold meetings inside in the Fireside Room, and up to 20 people in the main Hall. Arrangements must be made with the office ahead of time and strict adherence to our COVID protocols is required. If a caretaker is needed in order to provide access, set up A/V equipment, assist with chairs and tables, etc., this expense is expected to be be incurred by the organizing group.
- The kitchen may be used by a single designated person, but remains off-limits for group use.
- Contact Marcus in the office for more information regarding policies surrounding external/community-based venue rentals.
COVID-19 Update – June 1, 2021
UCV’s core staff members and COVID team volunteers are currently engaged in an ongoing discussion around BC’s four-step reopening plan, and are working to adjust our own internal policies accordingly and in a way that aligns with our core principles as an inclusive spiritual community (please see the UUA’s ‘Key Principles for Planning‘ for more insight into our decision-making process). We are relieved and excited to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and are looking forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful campus someday soon!
The following is a summary of our current COVID-19 policies as they relate to venue rentals and/or site visits by members of the congregation (or the public at large). To see an archive of our previous updates, please click here.
- When visiting the UCV campus for any purpose, masks are to be worn indoors at all times, and social distancing of 6 ft / 2 m is to be strictly maintained.
- Rentals for memorial services are permitted in the Sanctuary, with a maximum attendance of up to 10 people, providing that the organizers are able to provide a COVID safety plan and contact tracing information (as well as adhere to any other applicable COVID guidelines concerning masks, distancing, etc.).
- Otherwise, in accordance with Provincial guidelines, we are unfortunately not able to make any of our venues available for social, cultural, or professional purposes at this time.
- Outdoor meetings on campus are permitted for groups of up to 10 people who are masked and sufficiently distanced. The office must be informed of any intent to host a meeting on campus. Chairs can be provided during office hours, or if there is a caretaker present.
As of June 15, the following changes will take effect:
- The Sanctuary will be closed to the public in preparation for renovations taking place over the Summer months.
- Committees and groups of up to 30 people will be permitted to hold meetings outside while on campus. Groups of up to 10 people will be permitted to hold meetings inside, either in the main Hall or Fireside Room. Arrangements must be made with the office ahead of time and strict adherence to our COVID protocols is required. If a caretaker is needed in order to provide access, set up A/V equipment, assist with chairs and tables, etc., this expense is expected to be be incurred by the organizing group.
- Rentals for memorial services are permitted in the Fireside Room or Hewett Centre, with a maximum attendance of up to 10 people, providing that the organizers are able to provide a COVID safety plan and contact tracing information (as well as adhere to any other applicable COVID guidelines concerning masks, social distancing, etc.).
If you have questions or concerns about specific aspects of this policy, please contact the UCV office. If you have questions about whether or not a certain kind of meeting or event may be permissible under current BC COVID regulations, please refer to the information provided on the government website.