Our congregation is seeking a Congregational Administrator, an important leadership position that links the administrative staff of the congregation with the Board of Trustees as well as the volunteer committees and the members of the congregation.
We are looking for someone who shares our values, who is very good with people, who is tech savvy, well- organized, and able to work well with minimal supervision.
This position reports to the UCV Leadership Team which includes of the President/Vice-President of the Board and the Minister.
Closing date – January 17, 2021
Hours of Work – 35 hours/week with flextime negotiable
- Supervision of administrative and custodial staff
- Overall administration including serving as the Privacy Officer and developing the administration budget (office expenses, administrative staff salaries), and establishing and updating policies and procedures as appropriate
- Communications including our website and social media
- Building Rentals including promoting use of our facilities, maintaining effective facility rental procedures, and establishing contracts for long term rentals.
- Property Management including working with volunteer committees and staff to ensure that our extensive and beautiful campus is well maintained.
- Ability to understand and support Unitarian Universalist Principles and the vision of our congregation.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and volunteers
- Strong and effective human resources management skills including hiring, supervising and evaluating staff as appropriate.
- 5-8 years of experience in office management (preferably with non-profit organizations)
- Competence with MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook, and database software e.g. Breeze Church Management
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement in operational policies, procedures and systems and recommend changes.
- Experience with website communications and social media
- Experience in working with volunteer committees.
- Experience with property management preferred.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $65,000, depending on qualifications and experience
- 3 weeks vacation to start, increasing to 4 weeks after 2 years.
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Flexible work schedule
Please send your cover letter (required) and resume to email@example.com
The Board has decided this position is not open to UCV members.
No phone calls please. Only those chosen for the interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Vancouver Unitarians.
Vancouver Unitarians have been part of Vancouver’s religious and cultural life since 1909. Our vision:
Because we envision a more compassionate world, we seek to deepen our spiritual and religious lives, grow and enrich our congregation, and advocate for love and justice.
Posted: December 26, 2020