Here is Mary’s wish list for our labyrinths for 2039 (or sooner) from her homily presented July 7th.
I have a wish list for the future of our labyrinths.
I wish there was a big welcoming sign giving the basics of how and why to walk a labyrinth.
I wish more neighbours would regularly stop by to walk the labyrinth and that some of them would decide to check out what else happens here.
I wish there were benches for resting. And maybe a yellow Friendship bench indicating that someone sitting there would appreciate a conversation.
I wish that when you reach the centre of the courtyard labyrinth, you could actually able to walk into the centre area, not have your way blocked by a big tree root.
Some other wishes
- a late-night lantern walk on the labyrinth–perhaps for Hallowe’en/Samhain
- until or unless we can move the shrubs around, a bird bath at the end of the courtyard labyrinth walk would be lovely
- a labyrinth group who meet regularly for labyrinth walks, planning labyrinth walks and tending the labyrinth.
- more music on the labyrinth. Thank you to Tara for playing her harp on the labyrinth on May 4th – could we have more music? and poetry readings? or?
- picnics on the labyrinth
- a little free library – that includes books or handouts about the labyrinth.
- wooden markers for the plants
Maybe you have wishes? Let us know your ideas!