Membership Outreach Coordinator Job Posting
Job Title: Membership Outreach Coordinator
Location: Unitarian Church of Vancouver
About the Position: The Membership Outreach Coordinator will seek to engage current members and work towards expanding our community outreach and membership. The position reports to the Congregational Administrator but works closely with the Minister, and Director of Lifespan Learning (DLL). Unitarians are a diverse spiritual organization that welcomes all faiths (and non-faith). You do not need to be a Unitarian as long as you are in support of our principles.
Vision: Because we envision a more compassionate world, we seek to deepen our spiritual and religious lives, grow and enrich our congregation, and advocate for love and justice.
Vancouver Unitarians have been part of Vancouver’s religious and cultural life since 1909. Living our vision as Unitarians, we are dedicated to spiritual growth, social justice, and reverence for nature and all life. We embody these values through worship, ethical action, artistic expression, and religious education for all ages that aim to connect hearts, heads, and hands. Our congregation welcomes all ages, orientations, abilities, and identities in our joyous search for meaning. Our vision reflects the vision of the Canadian Unitarian Council (cuc.ca) of which we are a member congregation.
Anticipated start date: Mid-June 2021
Application deadline: Tuesday May 4th at 11:59 PST
Hours: 30 to 35 hours/week, Sundays and some evenings required
Compensation: salary range of $27 to $32/hour, yearly Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) increases and comprehensive medical and dental benefits
Interested candidates please email your resume with cover letter to email@example.com Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
- Promote programs and facilities in the larger community
- Ensure facility and program descriptions are up to date and widely available
- Create and manage social media strategy.
- Monitor and reply in a timely manner to all contacts and requests (Breeze contact form, email, phone calls, etc.) for information by newcomers, visitors and members seeking to connect with programs or information about membership.
- This includes data tracking and reporting procedures to evaluate the church’s success in connecting with newcomers and members.
- Assist the Director of Lifespan Learning (DLL) with the coordination and outreach for new programs for young adults (20’s-30’s)
- Assist the Membership Committee with the coordination of the new member orientation classes
- With the support of the Membership Committee, the DLL, and the minister, work to connect, engage and integrate visitors, members and friends into the life of the congregation with a particular focus on young adults.
- Recruit volunteers for key membership roles
- Support volunteer recruitment for other functions
- Create and help sustain a method of collecting information on the interests and skills of members
- Assist the DLL with providing start-up and admin support for new groups, such as setting up zoom meetings, online announcements, forms, etc.
- Provide support to key committees (Environment, Refugee etc.)
- Maintain accurate member information in our database (Breeze)
- Assist members in use of technology when needed.
Other duties as may be assigned by the Congregational Administrator.
- Ability to understand and support Unitarian Universalist Principles, vision and mission. Religious affiliation is not required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing digital tools and social media platforms.
- Ability to build creative social media campaigns that engage a wide demographic.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and volunteers.
- Excellent ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral communications and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, especially in an office setting.
- Ability to work with a variety of computer software and learn new programs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is not open to current UCV members.