Vancouver Unitarians are now active on instagram. Tanya approached our minister about getting instagram going and within a week we had an “Instagram” meeting. Tanya has offered to be the lead person/coordinator for up to six months during which time she’d mentor our youth to take it over
If you’re on Instagram, follow us by searching for “vancouverunitarian”. Hope to see you online. When you post something of interest to Unitarians, add the hashtag #vancouverunitarian and #ucv
What is Instagram?
Instagram is a free, online photo-sharing application and social network platform that was acquired by Facebook in 2012. Instagram allows users to edit and upload photos and short videos through a mobile app.
Suggestions in graphic above and in text below.
Instagram is Centred on Storytelling
- Everyone loves stories.
- Instagram gives us a platform to tell our story.
- It’s personal, easily accessible and visual format makes UVC’s stories more accessible.
Tip: In addition to posting photos of what’s going on, use “real time Insta-stories” to share UCV’s personality and wide range of happenings!
The Reach of Instagram is Large
- Instagram offers a huge potential audience to UCV.
- Vancouver is home to approx 630, 000 residents.
- The Greater Vancouver Population is approx 2,400,000.
- Instagram engages with 700 million monthly users!
Tip: Use #hashtags to increase engagement, attract other like minded individuals to our congregation and to let the world know what we’re up to!
Visual Content is Super Engaging
- Photos are one of the most-engaging content on the Web.
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual.
- Our brain processes visuals 60,000X faster than text.
- What is posted on Instagram keeps people coming back to see what we’re up to!
Tip: Keep the photos bright, consistent and clear.
The follower should be able to devise their own story just from the photo!
It’s a Goldmine of Insights, Ideas, Opportunity and Feedback
- Instagram allows UCV to reach out to other congregations, organizations, businesses, charities, influential people, groups, philanthropic agencies, activists and curious youth!
- The more engagement we receive – the more ideas we’ll gather to create an accessible offerings to all UCV guests and existing members.
Tip: Follow other UU congregations, Inspiring members of our community and Organizations that you believe would take an intents in what we do. When you share the @vancouverunitarian posts – they’ll notice!
It’s Fun & Vibrant (Like Us!)
- Help us build our community by following @vancouverunitarian
- There’s a lot going on around here – let’s share it!
- Tag @vancouverunitarian in your posts, Insta-stories for us to create more easily accessible content.
- Include #vancouverunitarians #ucv in your posts about the church and happenings when you post to Instagram.
Tip: Have fun! Post often! Comment and like @vancouverunitarian posts and share our content!