Sharing Across the Miles
Mon, Apr 9, 2018 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Fireside Room and Hall
Barbara Herring from Ontario, who is considered one of the “Grandmothers” of Circle Dance in Canada would like to dance with us on April 9. We frequently dance some of her lovely choreographies: “Go In Beauty”, “Blessed Be” and more. You are invited to join the afternoon dance circle from 2:00-4:30. Barbara will share dances with us and we will share some of our local favourites with her.
Barbara will “weave” the session. Send her 1, 2 or 3 dances you’d like to offer including this information:
- How fast or slow is the dance
- How complex or easy
- What is the mood or intention or anything else about the dance
Mary will coordinate what Barbara calls “the nest” within which the dance can occur.
Please send offers to:
- create the centre
- set out refreshments
- bring cookies (or such) – Corinne and ?
- handle the music playing for Barbara
- organize potluck – put out dishes (and cleanup); organize places for dishes for sharing etc. Possibly keep track of who’s bringing what.
Dancing will be followed by a tasty potluck dinner from 5 – 7 pm.
While we dine there will be an opportunity for a talking/sharing circle about various dance topics. Feel free to send questions you hope Barbara might respond to in advance.
Topics so far:
- The course for circle dance newbies that Barbara coordinated….