Earth Spirit Tea Party - Learn About Herbs on our Grounds
Tue, Sep 4, 2018 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Tuesday, Sept 4 6-7 pm: Mary Bennett will facilitate a “Pagan Tea Party” – sharing herbs from UCV’s gardens and her knowledge of various herbs and their correspondences and properties. We’ll take a walk and you can collect tea-making ingredients to take home with you.
Photo left from Coral of herbal bundles made at UCV.
Inspired by the Savage Tea Party at Vines Festival.
As well as parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme, we have various mints, calendula, echinacea, and more.
We’re pleased to announce that the Earth Spirit Council (previously Paganism Committee) has been revitalized and Vancouver Unitarians will again host a monthly earth spirit circle to celebrate the turning of the seasons and honour our own life forces.
We meet on the first Tuesday of each month from 6-7pm. All welcome.
Leadership and other roles rotate. If you become a regular, you will be part of the team who organize, set up, cleanup etc.
Each session will have two leaders (at least one will be a Vancouver Unitarian member) responsible for planning, publicizing, conducting the ritual as well as safety and security.
When possible we will conduct rituals outdoors and will have a place to meet if the weather doesn’t permit this. Check for updates online or just check the event list outside Hewett Hall when you arrive.
Each session will include
- an opening; casting a circle, calling directions and invoking inner feminine and masculine
- a ritual or activity: which might be anything from song and/or dance or an earth-based activity (planting, harvesting) or an arts-based activity such as making a magickal tool (such as a wand).
- a short time for announcements and planning
- a closing: releasing directions and masculine/feminine energies and opening the circle.
- There will usually (not not necessarily) be one or more sacred circle dances as part of the ritual. It will be the leaders’ choice of what to include
We will plan to open the circle by 6:55 at the latest, as several participants will be leaving to go to a different event that starts at 7 pm. Others are welcome to hang around and visit.
Questions? contact the organizers at: email@example.com
We’re on facebook. Search for UnitarianEarthSpirit
For regular participants, we have a googlegroup we use for planning and collaboration. After you attend, you are invited to join if you wish.