Tue, May 7, 2019 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Mairy Beam is coordinating with a focus on Beltane.
We will experience a ritual to connect with energies of fertility, joy, abundance and unity in your life.
You’ll be able to make a flower crown to wear during maypole dancing that will be 7-9 pm (or take home if you’re not joining the dancing).
ALL ARE WELCOME.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org appreciated but not required.
We will likely meet outside but Hitschmanova is “our home base”.
Earth Spirit Circle
The Earth Spirit Council hosts an open monthly earth spirit circle to celebrate the turning of the seasons and honour our own life forces.
We meet on the first Tuesday of each month from 6-7 pm. All welcome–whether Unitarian, pagan, or pagan-curious!
Leadership and other roles rotate. If you become a regular, you will be part of the team who organize, set up, cleanup etc.
Each session has two leaders (at least one will be a Vancouver Unitarian member) responsible for planning, publicizing, conducting the ritual as well as safety and security.
When possible we conduct rituals outdoors and will have a place to meet if the weather doesn’t permit this. Check for updates online or just check the event list outside Hewett Hall when you arrive.
Each session includes
- an opening; casting a circle, calling directions and invoking inner feminine and masculine energies
- a ritual or activity: which might be anything from song and/or dance or an earth-based activity (planting, harvesting) or an arts-based activity such as making a magical tool (such as a wand).
- a short time for announcements and planning
- a closing: releasing directions and masculine/feminine energies and opening the circle.
- There will usually (not not necessarily) be one or more sacred circle dances as part of the ritual. It will be the leaders’ choice of what to include
Questions? contact the organizers at: email@example.com
Where we meet
Hitschmanova Room is downstairs and the best way to access it is through the door on the North side of Hewett Centre (the western most building) from south of the parking lot and vegetable gardens. You can also reach it from the main floor of Hewett Centre, going down the stairs at the west side inside. If you haven’t been in that way before you may find it challenging–it’s a bit of a maze. So we recommend the direct access from the vegetable garden (north) side.
We often meet outside if the weather permit at least for part of the time.
We’re on facebook. Search for UnitarianEarthSpirit